Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Wish I Have Good News

Hello everyone,

It has been quite some time since I last blogged...my last entry was about this young lady, Umi Izaza whom I had grown fond of and she was to undergo a total glossectomy, a major operation whereby the whole tongue would be removed...just like me. The big day was set to be on the 13th October. We chatted on facebook a few times with her telling me how scared she was, and asking me whether things would be ok..And I kept on consoling her, telling her not to worry because the doctors knew what they were doing..they are good doctors, I'm sure. Then, narrated to her my own experience, what to expect after the operation and everything would be fine, and she would be up and kicking ass again. And not to forget to pray a lot...

I made a point to visit her the day before her operation. I took a 2 day leave from work to be with her and to convince her to look at the operation in a positive light. I wanted to show her that things are not that bad..hey "I'm the living proof! See?" And that really helped her..She said that she really wanted to be like me.. So, on the next day, early in the morning I received a text message from her sister saying that she was already taken into the OT..and I texted back saying that we should now pray a lot for her and hope for the best.

Then, at about 10 pm, her sister informed be that Umi was out of the OT and now was in the ICU and that she's doing fine, she's one strong young lady..then, I asked, is there a trachy tube on her neck? And she replied, no. Then, I got worried...because from my reading, my observation when I was warded, and my own experience, an operation of this kind and nature will surely lead to swollen neck which in turn will block the air passage. This makes it difficult for the patient to breath. On top of that, the general anaesthesia would definitely give rise to nasty phlegm in the chest and would cause another breathing problem. Therefore, the trachy tube is very necessary or else she would not be able to breathe.

And true enough, after a few days, all my worries were substantiated.. she could not breathe and the doctor had to intubate her in order to insert the trachy tube into her neck..I was like "damn" they could have done it when she was unconscious..from then on, I could feel that this is not going to be easy for her....let me stop here first because I'd like to write about another dear cancer comrade....


I got a shock when I opened my blog today...and my eyes caught this blog "Beyond The Glass Door" which says, The Other Shoe Has Dropped...and I straight away went to his blog and to my horror, he said that his cancer is back...I could not believe my eyes when I learnt that he now has to go through another nightmare, financially and physically...he first had cancer in 2007, which was a year earlier than mine...Oh My God..cancer is such a horrible and merciless disease...I can surely feel what he's going through....it is as if what he has been through, all that sufferings all these years are not enough...give him more, make him suffer more....gosh...i'm so angry...

My dear friend Brian, please stay strong, the way you have been all these years...

With love,
Sharifah



6 comments:

HCI said...

Salam Sharifah; Good to read your entry, rasa macam dah lama tak baca blog...lagi pun dah tak banyak blog survivors sekarang.

Sharifah Rashidah bt. Syed Ahmad said...

Wkmslam Doc Has,

How are you? Hope all is well with you and MH....ye la..I really miss Dalilah...

Oral Cancer Dentist in Chicago said...

Salam, good luck with your recovery. Oral Cancer is no easy path.

Dr. Swill said...

Thank you for the love my friend. I am hanging in there. The cancer has done much damage to my face but the Chemo I am on has helped a bit. The tumor is SLOWLY shrinking and the pain managed with meds. I haven't had the energy to update my blog, but I must do so soon. I hope you are well and thank you so much for your loving thoughts.

Peace
Brian

perubatankhalifah said...

nice entry...
kadang-kadang, bila kita saling berkongsi pendapat, itu pun dah cukup melegakan.
antara doa yang mustajab dimakbulkan ialah doa seorang muslim kepada saudara muslimnya yang lain tanpa pengetahuannya.
insya-Allah, hanya Allah yang mampu menyembuhkan, dan setiap yang baik, atau yang buruk, yang datangnya dari Allah, pasti adalah untuk kebaikkan kita juga...
selalu-selalulah kita saling mendoakan antara satu sama lain...
#blogspot : rawatankanser2013

Anonymous said...

Hi. I'm a writer with Urban Health Magazine. We have a column that feature inspiring stories of people who has risen above their health conditions. Would you like to share your story? Please drop me an email at sherlynn@urbanhealth.com.my.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.