Sunday, September 07, 2008

Still in the Hospital

Salam and hello:

Today is the 25th day I am in the hospital. I am actually doing fine. I am not under any medication any more and I can walk around everywhere. The only problem is the dead cells on my tongue which is collecting milk residue. So, I have to wait until the dead cells and the milk residue comes off. Then only I can take other types of liquid food and be allowed to go home. As for now, I have to get by with milk. And because of that, fasting is out because I need to take the milk every three hours. On top of that, I also need to maintain a high level of oral hygiene. We are talking about rinsing my mouth with mouthwash 5 to 6 times daily.

Two days ago, one of my uncles was admitted at this hospital because of a heart problem. He has been going in and out the hospital for the last 4 years. He is suffering from high blood pressure, diabetes and heart disease. He is now wheelchair bound. When my husband came yesterday, we went to visit him. He was quite chatty regardless. I hope he will get well soon.

On the 22nd, I will be seing an oncologist to discuss my radiation treatment. My doctor hopes to proceed with it as soon as possible. The treatment will take about 6 weeks. Well, looks like Hari Raya is also out for me. Thats ok because as things are now, not being able to celebrate Hari Raya is just a small matter. What matters most are getting better, family and friends! When people who matter to me are up and about, I am thankful.

So, folks. Thats all for now.

Bye and wassalam.

Sharifah

"Life is too short"

4 comments:

UE said...

Hi..I am sending you more books..some of them I havent read but one of my favourite is Angela's Ashes. Its an old book - I hope you have not read the story yet

Sharifah Rashidah bt. Syed Ahmad said...

No, I haven't read it yet. Looking forward to Angela's Ashes and those other books that you havent read. Hmm..maybe I should become a book reviewer...hahaha

Thanx.

Anonymous said...

Salam K pah

How are you today? Been sending old pix to u and the group...have u seen them?

My blog visit today

http://nurshazalinayuhanis.blogspot.com/2008/09/beware-shoes-can-cause-u-death.html

Chenah

Sharifah Rashidah bt. Syed Ahmad said...

Yes Chenah,

I am fine.
I have replied your email

Thanx very much.