Saturday, August 23, 2008


Hello everyone:

Here I am again at ward 7a, bed 17. Feeling really great. The doctor just came by and said that everything is going well. I have started sipping water. Today, I am going to start drinking milk. Hopefully, I will be able to take food orally in 2 or 3 days. He also talked about the radiotheraphy treatment which he wants me to start as soon as possible. He is not taking any chances this time. After this, looks like I will be transferred to Hospital Kepala Batas for the radiation treatment. Well, whatever it takes, I'll go for it.

After the operation on Aug 13, I was pushed straight to the ICU. I came around on the next morning, I think it was around 10.30am. I heard my husband's voice reciting the Surah Yasin. Then, I knew I was going to be alright. A nurse came and talked to me. She said that she knew me when I had my first operation. She said that I will survive again because I am really a strong person.

That afternoon itself, the nurse came back saying that they would transfer me to Level 6 for observation. They prepared for me the self-administered morphine whereby I need to press a button whenever I feel any pain. When that button is pressed, the morphine would be transfused into my system. I only got to press the button 3 times. After that, it seemed that the machine malfunctioned. Fortunately, I did not feel any pain after that.

After 6 days, I requested to be transferred to the first class ward. The doctors readily agreed. I moved right away to level 7 and was put in a room along with 2 other elderly patients. One is a chinese lady suffering from a terminal liver cancer and the other is an Indian lady who had her knee cap replaced. The Chinese lady could barely move and she was groaning in pain most of the time. Her loving husband and relatives were by her side all the time. My heartfelt sympathy went out for her. On the next day, I was asked to move to a 2-bedded room which is more comfortable. This morning, I heard a commotion. Then, I found out that the Chinese lady had passed away in her sleep. My condolence to her family. Life is indeed too short.

I am now bored stiff staying in the hospital. I sure am glad that I have my laptop and some books with me. Friends and relatives who have been visiting almost every other day also help me go through my stay here. Yesterday, I had a visit from a cousin whom I had not met for years. Upon hearing about my condition, she quickly came to the hospital and filled me in about her siblings whom I used to know very well. That was really nice of her.

Ok folks. Will keep you updated, later.
Bye, for now.

"Life is too short"

1 comment:

UE said...

K Pah

Glad to know you are doing well..Wanted to send you the books for your reading pleasure be on the lookout for them in the mail..By the way, the kakak who came with Kak Ti is Adibah