Thursday, August 28, 2008

Can't Wait

Assalamualaikum and Hello to all:

There are actually two teams of doctors who are taking care of me. The first, is the ENT group and the other is the plastic surgeons. According to the ENT doctors, I should be allowed to go home already if I prefer because my recovery has progressed so well. The coughing has stopped and there is no more problem with phlegm. The physiotherapist has been coming everyday.

Today, she came and saw me drinking milk from a cup. She said, "I don't know what else to tell you. Apparently she thought of teaching me swallowing technique! And I have been getting up at 6.00 am every morning and do all kinds of exercises that she had shown. Then, she smiled and left.

Then, came the ENT doctors, including Dr. Zul when I was having a mug of milk in my hand. He asked whether I've been using the feeding tube or not. I said, I've been told by the plastic surgeons to use the tube for feeding stuff other than milk and water. So, he said that I could try to take blended porridge orally. It has to be blended because I am not allowed to chew yet because they are afraid that I might break whatever is left of the jaw bone. My jawbone is still not strong enough. He said that this will have to go on for another two or three months. Boy, oh boy! If I can manage to take the liquified porridge, they can take out the feeding tube. Fortunately, came lunch time, I managed to down a bowl of blended porridge. So, looks like the feeding tube can go this afternoon.

Yesterday, a long lost cousin came visiting. She has been married to her brother in law for ten years; that is after the passing of her sister after suffering from cancer of the jaw. Her sister had 6 children. So, she is now taking care of the six children and her own child. Her late sister had a swelling under her right ear. At first, they thought it was just something to do with her thyroid. So, they just applied some ointment and seeked treatments from various clinics. When the bump did not go away after a few months, they decided to take her to the hospital. She stayed in the hospital for 8 days and nothing was given except some panadols. Finally, on the 8th day, they decided to do a biopsy and a ct scan, and the result came back positive. Then, the doctors planned for a surgery on the next day. However, on the next day, she passed away. That is how horrible this disease is.

So, you see. You really have to be on the look out for anything funny about your body.

Oh..oh. The nurse is here. Got to go.

Bye, for now.

Sharifah

"Life is too short"

No comments: